Waterpower is the main agent for Coanda Screens in Ireland which are manufactured by Aquasheer Ltd. These are tailor made to meet project needs.Coanda Screens are static and self-cleaning screens for hydro intakes which require no power source and negligible maintenance. The screen only allows clean water to enter the intake, while excluding leaves, silt particles and even fish eggs. The excluded debris remains in the river, thus eliminating any need to dispose of the material.
What type of project are they suited to?
- Hydro-Electric Turbine Intakes
- Water Supply Schemes
- Irrigation Diversions
- Elimination of erosion/blockage operational costs
- Increased flow efficiency (Hydro)
- Reduced maintenance time and costs
- No moving parts or power required
- Simple and inexpensive to install
- Fish friendly